Monday, December 29, 2008

Another baby update. . .

I had my final doctor appointment this afternoon. Baby is still looking good. We didn't check my progression as it really doesn't matter at this point. We either go into labor tonight/tomorrow or get ourselves to the hospital at 5:30am on Wednesday morning for a c-section. While going into labor on my own is still a possibility, I'm prepared for the fact that I'll be having another c-section. And. . . I'm OK with that. My prayer throughout this pregnancy has been for God's hand to be on every detail and that I would have the delivery that I'm supposed to have. For reasons I may never know, a c-section may just be the safest delivery for me and Jellybean. Some people have mentioned to me that it must be a bummer to have waited it out only to end up with another c-section. I don't see it that way. We were able to spread out Bella and Jellybean's birthdays a little bit. We got past the busyness of Christmas. And, most likely, Jellybean will be able to celebrate his/her birthday with family every year - a real treat since we live so far away from everyone.

Heading into this delivery is so different than our experience with Bella. As of today, I've already carried Jellybean three weeks longer than I did Bella. Everything with her happened so fast. With Jellybean, things have been anything but. The c-section with Bella arose out of an emergency (her heartbeat had dropped pretty low for reasons they never detected). I didn't have time to think about the upcoming surgery or to fear it. It was medically necessary for her safety. But, knowing that I'm heading into a big surgery is kind of a weird feeling. I know what I'm getting into this time. While my c-section and recovery with Bella were as good as I could have hoped for, it was still surgery; and it would be dishonest to say that I don't have any nerves as I prepare for another surgery. But, I do feel at peace with the timing of everything. It's time for Jellybean to be born. After all that happened with Bella, I'm finding myself a little extra paranoid and anxious as this pregnancy continues. If the baby seems quiet/hasn't moved around much, I get a little scared. I'll jiggle my belly a little to try and stir this little one. Poor kid is just trying to sleep, but I need to feel these movements in order to get through these last days and still remain sane. I'm definitely ready to meet this little one on the outside.

My next post should have our baby news! We'll finally know if Jellybean is a boy or a girl, how big Jellybean is, what Jellybean looks like, etc. I'll do my best to update the blog as soon as I can, but realistically, I may not get any info or photos up until after I get home from the hospital.

We'd love your continued prayers as we head into Jellybean's birth and the early days with a new baby!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen,
I know you don't hear from me often but just wanted to let you know that all of you are in my prayers. I know these must be uncertain times, to a degree, but God has blessed you all so with such a lovely family and such sweet spirits that I trust his blessings will continue to be with you. Look forward to hearing the good news on your blog. Take care, Debbie Bishop

The Josephs Family said...

Praying for a safe delivery for you and Jellybean. Can't wait to hear the news and "meet" the little one!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, 4 Kilps,

Just talked to Grandma Kilps and we are so happy for you all. Love the name you chose in memory of Great Grandpa. Can't wait to see the pics and, especially, the little sweetheart in person soon.

Love, Aunt Pat

Auntie Lori said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY BOY!! about time we had a boy on the Benetti side of the family!

p.s. my guess was right..i had a feeling it would be a boy

Elizabeth said...

I see from the comments that it is a boy! Congrats to you all!!! What a wonderful way to end the year!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HANDSOME SON!!!
He is GORGEOUS! I'm sooo happy the delivery went smoothly and I can't wait to see you guys!

Love you all!!
Auntie Jodi :-D

Suz said...

Congratulations Kilps!! Graydon is beautiful and I look forward to more pictures and details when you get a chance! Give Bella a hug for "Happy Big Sister Day"! Love to you all!

Barbara said...

I see from the comments that it is a boy... Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Karen....

I'm over joyed that we have a nephew!!! I knew it!!! Sorry i couldn't make it with mom and Lori but i will try to make it out there soon.
You have a package full of goodies for the little guy...expect in about a week or so (got delayed b/c of the holidays).

Take care of yourself....and big hugs to andy, bella, and baby graydon.

Love
Auntie Mary