Sunday, December 14, 2008

Jellybean's room and Christmas program

Other than one finishing touch, the baby's room is complete. Everything is set up, clothes are washed, and diapers are ready. I forgot to take before and after photos of this room, but it was pretty much a blank slate. When we moved here, we never really unpacked into this room because it was our hope that we'd use it as a nursery at some point. Here we are! Now that we are using it, our house feels that much bigger. Bella and I love to come in here during the day. I'll sit in the glider and she will look through Jellybean's books. It's really a pretty relaxing place to spend time.

The furniture in here is pretty much a mish mash of things. The crib was a hand-me-down that Bella also used. The changing table is another hand-me-down from a different family. We found the white dresser and night stand sitting out on a curb (can't beat that price)! And a lot of things I've been putting together over the past few months. (A close look at the curtains will reveal how inept I am at sewing in a straight line).

Here is a view of the room from the hallway. A few steps into the roomI'm thinking that we'll probably move the little swing downstairs eventually, but for now it'll stay here.The final touch to this room will be the baby's name above the crib. We obviously can't do that part yet since we don't know if Jellybean is a boy or girl.Here are a few of the finishing touches that I made:
The Family WallUltrasound Photo with Psalm 139: 13-18Hanging Frame (will fill with more photos when baby arrives)Growth Chart (hung on closet door)Today at church was the children's Christmas program. It was so cute! Bella did a little recitation, sung with her beginner's class, and then was a sheep for the Christmas story. I was able to get a few pictures, but really wish I would have brought my video camera to tape her singing. She did a great job! I managed to have a pretty productive scrapbooking week. Here are some of the layouts I did:
ANTICIPATINGFLOWER GIRL
BELLA'S THIRD BIRTHDAYOur dental appointments went really well! Bella was awesome and so brave! I went back with her for her exam and cleaning. She didn't cry or get freaked out and was really excited to get a new toothbrush, floss, stickers, and bouncy ball! Guess I was worried about nothing!
My sister, Kristen, is coming into town on Tuesday! She'll be here for the next few weeks! We're all so excited to see her!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jellybean's room looks so peaceful. You did a wonderful job decorating. Can't wait to meet the new little one.

Kurt and Jenn said...

wow karen, the baby's room is so beautiful, you'll have to come visit us when we get a house someday and help me decorate.

Kurt and Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suz said...

Glad to see the photos of the room. It's beautiful! Steve and I were just mentioning y'all this morning in anticipation of hearing news soon!! Keeping you in prayer as you await Jellybean's arrival!! Merry Christmas!