Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kids. . .

. . . are a very good mirror. Sometimes, when I hear Bella say something, I will wonder to myself where she got that from.

Example: out of the blue, Bella will ask me if I'm OK. I always thought this was sweet of her, but kind of wondered why she'd be asking me that - until the other day. While I was upstairs brushing my teeth, Bella was downstairs playing. My way of checking on her was to call out, "Bella, are you OK?" I do this from time to time and, in that moment, I realized that she picked this up from me. This was all well and good until the other day when she said to me, "Oh crap! I forgot my sweater." Must have gotten that from me too.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Grady Boy! (That's what Bella calls him a lot). He's had a pretty good week - though I learned a valuable lesson. We CANNOT miss a dose of his meds. NEVER! Unless we want a screaming baby for a day and a half. I forgot Graydon's evening dose of his meds earlier in the week and we all paid dearly for it the next day. This also happened about two weeks ago and I didn't fully make the connection. Now we are all wiser. . . and Graydon is much happier. Isn't he cute in his little green outfit! And, there will probably continue to be lots of photos of Graydon in his bouncy seat. He loves that seat - especially when it's vibrating. The kid likes the motion - yet he hates his swing. Go figure.
Bella loves her bro. If you look closely in her mouth, you'll see a piece of bread. She's been in a bread kick this week. Snuggle time!Guess who likes his baths now! I don't have any bath photos because. . . I only have two hands, which are both being used to clean this kid.
Happy Graydon!and VERY happy Graydon!Miss Bella - looking more and more grown up. I'm sure that Graydon was secretly thrilled with Bella's display of generosity.We went bowling with our church group this afternoon. Bella was upset at first because she didn't want to wear the shoes; but eventually got over that. She enjoyed pushing the ball down the lane, but didn't always have the momentum to get it fully down the lane, which resulted in a few stranded bowling balls. A WORK IN PROGRESS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of these photos had me cracking up!!! I'm in tears from laughing so hard. The little pony Bella put in Graydon's crib, Bell's saying oh crap...i forgot my sweater. Oh man...good stuff!!

Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

Love Auntie Mary

Elizabeth said...

Graydon is so precious! I haven't been on in awhile, but I wanted to stop in and say what a cutie he is!