Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Family Visit: Part 1

Andy's parents arrived on Tuesday evening. While Tom was still in town, a visit to Washington DC was in order. Here are just a few pics from their trip on Thursday.
I stayed back with this kids. I'd already seen the sites they planned to visit and knew that the trip would go much more smoothly minus two little ones. While they walked the sites of DC, the kids and I enjoyed some Dunkin Donuts, rode some bikes, and spent hours playing in the yard.

It was another perfect sprinkler day. I think it's safe to say that Graydon it completely satisfied to avoid the sprinkler. At least for now. He was less than thrilled with getting wet during this particular moment.Bella put together some "soup".Some water, a few wood chips, lots of grass, plus a few weeds. . . and we had ourselves quite the soup. The DC crew didn't get back until after midnight. I definitely think I made the right choice to stay home with the kids. :)

1 comment:

Suz said...

Have you all read the story of Stone Soup with Bella yet? The little chef might enjoy it! Her soup sounds just delightful. =)