Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I woke up that morning happy and rested.

Sunday mornings are usually a scramble. Andy's off to the church preparing for the morning's service while I get myself, the kids, and the house (we host the adult Sunday school class) ready. Some Sundays can definitely be chaotic - I'm trying to brush my teeth while Graydon is whining to be held and Bella is having a little fit because she wants to wear the same dress that she wore the week prior.

This morning, however, was different. It's as if they knew it was my day and wanted to make it easy on me. I was up well before the two of them and had a chance to get ready in peace. Bella woke up just as I finished. She got ready and just as I finished doing her hair, Graydon woke up. Such a nice flow to the morning.

That peace carried throughout the day. We all relaxed after church while Graydon napped. Bella drew pictures for me. I opened a few presents. We went out for dinner and then ice cream.

It was a nice day with the family - the perfect Mother's Day gift.

No comments: