Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Curtis is ONE!

Watch him grow right before your eyes!




We had a nice little family celebration for him last week.
Photobucket

I've been really drawn to this color scheme lately. Maybe because it just feels so summer-y.
Photobucket

The house just looks happy.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Our plans for a picnic at the park were derailed by a little bit of rain; so we relocated to Friendly's.
Photobucket

Curtis is becoming a squirmy worm in the restaurants. Can't seem to sit still! But he was the birthday boy so we cut him some slack.
Photobucket

Naps took up the majority of the afternoon and before long it was dinnertime. We made individual pizzas. Bella had the great idea of letting Curtis sample from each of us to see which he liked best.
Photobucket

He seemed most pleased with Graydon's plain cheese pizza.
Photobucket

The rain gave way to a beautiful day, so we took our party outside.

Our precious one-year-old!
Photobucket

Photobucket

It got pretty hot.  I was a sweaty mess by this point.  I desaturated the color in this one so that you  can't tell.  :)
Photobucket

The kids rode bikes around for a little while and Curtis took his usual seat in the wagon.
Photobucket

After I snapped those photos, I put away my camera and scooped up my little boy. As I held him in my arms, we swayed together for a minute or two in the church parking lot. He laid his head on my shoulder and I told him how much I loved him and how much joy it is to be his mom. It was a sweet moment from his first birthday that I will always treasure.

All of that bike-riding and frisbee throwing worked up some appetites. We were ready for cake!
Photobucket

Or should I say, cupcakes and cake pops.

I've seen these cute little cake pops around and I wanted to try making them. But since I've never done it before, I made a few cupcakes just in case it didn't turn out. But they did! I will be making them again.
Photobucket

A cupcake for the birthday boy.
Photobucket

The 'Happy Birthday' song was torturous for him. With that cupcake in front of him, he just wanted to dive in and not listen to a silly song.
Photobucket

And dive in, he did. Here's a little bit of his progression.
Photobucket

I feel like the pictures never really do justice to how much mess there really was. 

But he LOVED it!

And we love him.

2 comments:

The Josephs Family said...

LOVE it! Happy Birthday big guy! Enjoy this awesome year as great things happen when you're ONE! :)

Mary said...

he's soo cute! and gets cuter everyday...looks like he enjoyed his bday.