Sunday, May 05, 2013

Hello May!

The kids were outside exploring and they discovered this. They thought it was candy.


Graydon loves "yellow flowers".  No matter where we are, if he sees them, he always wants to pick a bunch.  We did some yard work this week.  Dug up some bulbs and transplanted them.  We also added some annuals to the backyard.  He loved picking these.  He's pretty fascinated with plants and flowers right now. 


I watched a friend's kids on Monday morning.  We made some chocolate chip cookies and they all took turns adding ingredients and stirring.  They all worked together so nicely and the cookies were delicious!


A church family surprised us with this Edible Arrangement this week.  I've never had one before!


Bella loved that it was Hello Kitty.  And if you notice her smile, you can see that she lost another tooth.  This one almost literally fell out of her mouth!


On Thursday night, we went to the Phillies game. 


It was definitely a late night - but we all had fun.  And the Phillies won!


Bella had her choir concert on Friday.


I just took a quick picture at the beginning and intended to just watch the performance and enjoy it - no scrambling for pictures or video.


But then I saw her head up to the front of the stage.  I didn't know she had a speaking part!  Later on she told me that she wanted that to be a surprise.  I scrambled for my cell phone and got terrible footage.  I even missed the first part of the joke that Bella delivers the punch line to.  So I'll tell you now, the kid before Bella says, "What's a pirate's favorite holiday?"



After that, I sat back and enjoyed the performance.  The songs were adorable and the kids all seemed to be really enjoying themselves.  I was kind of on the verge of tears through the whole thing.  It was just so cute!

On Saturday afternoon, Andy and a friend finished up the path in front of our church.  This project took several days to complete.  They did a great job!



The kids did a drama in church today on our church's history.  We celebrate our 150th anniversary in a couple of weeks.  I didn't get any photos of that either since I just wanted to enjoy the moment.  And I did.  Even Curtis got up at the end to sing a song.  It was a wonderful morning!

No comments: