Thursday, December 24, 2015

December Randoms. . .

"Mom! Take my picture!"
IMG_2946

Face painting from a school Christmas event.
IMG_2949

A surprise, early Christmas present from Mimi Jane!  She knows that coffee is a key to our hearts.  We've already gotten great use out of it.  Thanks again Mimi!
IMG_2951

Speaking of Christmas presents. . . Andy had this under the tree for me about two weeks ago.  We've been in need of a new video camera.  I found a Sony one that I liked online and Andy's instructions were to go to Best Buy and get that one.  He ended up buying me the new Nikon D3300 DSLR camera.  This is like my Canon XTi, but way better.  And it takes video!  He compared the comprable Canon model to the Nikon and the Nikon seemed the way to go.  So it looks like I'll be selling my Canon camera and lenses.  But this was such a fun surprise and I am having lots of fun learning my new camera!
IMG_2952

The kids and I trekked up to Wisconsin one weekend for the annual Benetti family Miller Christmas lights tour.  Graydon really wanted this hat, but at $35, I didn't think so.
IMG_2954

The light show was great!
IMG_2955

Here's my photo of our photo.
IMG_2956

Working at a school has helped me to get into the Christmas spirit this year.  We had a door decorating contest.  I turned the first grade doors into a gingerbread house.  There used to be a Christmas tree where that manger sits.  The tree was moved for the first grade Christmas program (photos and videos coming soon), and the manger was put there until it was brought over for the program as well.
IMG_2958

We were up against the Kindergarten through 3rd grade doors and ours won!
IMG_2959

I wish I would have gotten a photo of the 4th grade doors.  They had a Polar Express theme and it was gorgeous!  If we were in that group for the competition, we definitely would NOT have won.

On the last day of school before break, the staff all wore Ugly Christmas sweaters.  I don't have one, so I decided to make one.  I'm a Christmas tree!  The kids all told me that it wasn't ugly, but beautiful!  Ha ha!
IMG_2966

I am so happy that Christmas vacation is here.  Finally a chance to catch up on everything!!

No comments: