I have a story to share about Isabella. . .
Our little girl developed a slight diaper rash. The last time this happened, we gave her some naked time to air her butt out and the rash went away pretty quickly. This rash wasn't too bad, but we figured we'd do the same thing. I had to wipe away a few puddles (I felt like I was following a dog around) but it was easy clean-up since most of our floors are wooden. Right before bedtime, we were playing in Isabella's bedroom. I was just about to get her into her pajamas but had to run and check something in our bedroom across the hall. I was gone for about 30 seconds max and I could hear her playing the whole time. Guess what I saw when I came back into her room . . . you guessed it . . . poop . . . everywhere!!! I should have known better and it was my own fault. She was giving me some pretty good toots just before. I came in to find Isabella smearing poo into the rug and picking it up with her hands and squishing it between her fingers. There was even poop on her toys. I immediately scooped her up and clean her off. Then I spent some time trying to get the poop out of the rug. We just purchased this rug a week ago. I was hoping to keep it nice for a little longer than that. Oh well, nobody ever said that having kids was good on the furniture. I cleaned it up as best as I could and then got Isabella into the tub. What a messy night!
Here's what else our girl has been up to. . .
Patiently waiting to get picked up after naptime

Cruising along the furniture

Uh-oh! Cough potato!

Her mouth is still the preferred method of transporting objects

When did she get teeth?

Let's hope her real teeth come in a little nicer

It's hard to tell in the picture, but Isabella woke up from her nap with a mohawk!
The tongue always comes out when Bella's on a mission
What a happy baby!


2 comments:
Yuck!
When Carl was 1 he took off his dirty diaper and had poop everywhere by the time I caught it. I was newly pregnant with Vaughn and had a very nauseated time cleaning up the mess. It was awful!
I guess we all have a poop story.
Lisa
THANK YOU so much for the picture! It's beautiful. Also, thanks for the letter. It means a lot. We've been in awe at how many have just gotten down in the trenches with us to pray throughout all of this. Also, know that you're always welcome to visit if you're ever in Eau Claire :).
Post a Comment