Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow Day

We actually got our first real snow of the season yesterday. Up until this point, our town has seen a combined snow accumulation of about two inches all winter! It actually looks like winter now (instead of just feeling like it). I went in to work yesterday morning and nobody was there. All the professors in my department cancelled their classes, so I decided to take the day off as well. Before I headed home, I tried calling Andy several times just to let him know that I was on my way. Every time I called, the phone would just ring and ring. I was getting frustrated because the answering machine wasn't even picking up. Finally after about 3-4 attempts, I gave up and headed home. Of course, I scared Andy a little as I walked into the apartment. You can't see the door from the living room, so he just heard the door creak and was a little alarmed that someone was just walking into our place. I told him that the phone wasn't working. I tried calling so many times. We went over to look at the phone. . . the ringer was one, the answering machine was on. . . everything was working fine. Here is the conversation that ensued:
A: Could you have dialed the wrong number?
K: Of course not. I dialed ###-##25
A: Our phone number is ###-##35
K: No it's not! Let's look at the phone list. . .
We head over to look at the phone list and, sure enough, our phone number ends with a 35. I am seriously losing it. Even now, 35 still doesn't seem right to me. But, I guess that ends the phone mystery.

I've been trying to play the piano more recently but to no avail. Bella just insists on playing whenever I do. Usually she just pounds, but this time she actually let me play a song with her fingers.
What a sweet father/daughter photo
Bella and Daddy always have so much fun playing together
Andy taught Isabella how to give kisses on command. We just have to say "Kiss" or "Isabella kiss" and she will plant one right on our lips. So adorable!
Bella (and I) made Andy a Valentine card with Isabella's handprints on it. I put the card, along with Andy's gift, on our window ledge. When Andy got home, without any prompting from me, Isabella went over and grabbed the card and brought it right over to her daddy. It was just too cute!

I've been in a scrapping mood lately (a big result of being stuck indoors all the time). Since I have so much of Isabella, I decided to have some fun with photos of our nephews.



And, last but not least, the inspiration from this one just came to me and I just had to go with the creative flow

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Your scrapbook pages are so cute! I also love the picture of Isabella and your husband looking out the window. Very sweet! I'm glad you finally got some winter snow!